Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good Hobbies For A Single Man

So you're a single man- by choice or by unfortunate circumstance. So now what do you do? What will you do for fun and interest?

It might seem a simple idea that a single man would just continue his old hobbies with no change of interest, and undoubtedly many do. But there are also those men who, for example, could never get out of the house to go fishing when they were married suddenly find that they now have no interest in it at all when they become single. They need new hobbies.

Not all men like to work on their cars and fix the house of course. Men's hobbies are as diverse and unique as anybody else's. So, as far as I can see, the best hobbies for single men are either continuing those hobbies that have given them great satisfaction in their lives so far (music for example), or, if a man is suddenly at a loss of what to do with his time and feels bored or even depressed, he needs to find a new hobby.

One great way to do this is to latch on to a best friend and invite yourself along to participate in one of his hobbies. If nothing else, you can enjoy yourself vicariously. It was in this way that my friend introduced my to two great passions in my life now: cycling and hiking mountains. We also became better friends, and pursued our mutual interest in film with more intensity. I think sharing a hobby with a friend makes it much more enjoyable and meaningful. And you'll undoubtedly have things to share back. I like bowling for example, but it got to the point to where if I wanted I wanted to go bowling, I had to go alone. Now I bowl with my friend occasionally.

By the way, bowling is a great hobby for single men. Just watch 'The Big Lebowski.'

No comments:

Post a Comment